Topic of the Week
Being more flexible and open minded at work is a requirement today, given how much change is taking place every day.
Blog of the Week
Detroit Fast Food Workers' Strike Shuts Down Locations
Fast food workers at more than 60 restaurants in Detroit walked off the job Friday. This may be the largest fast food strike in American history, involving more than 400 workers from McDonald's, Long John Silver's, Burger King, Popeyes and KFC. Some locations were forced to shut down. At issue is workers' right to form a union and an increase in base pay to a minimum of $15 per hour.
Thought for the Week
"A fool who persists in his folly becomes wise."
List of the Week
Impulse Application: Applicants Spend Less Than a Minute Reviewing Jobs
- Applicants spend less than 60 seconds reviewing a job posting
- Applicants report they spend up to ten minutes reviewing the posting
- Eye tracking software showed the spent 10% of the time they reported
Top Five News Headlines
- Attention Corporate America: It's Time to Make the Workplace a Less Stressful Environment
- EEOC Issues Revised Publications on the Employment Rights of People with Specific Disabilities
- Constitution Check: Who has First Amendment rights in the workplace?
- NLRB functions face challenge at every stage
- Labor Department beats the misclassification drum