Topic of the Week
For most of us, change at work is tough. This week: three Do's and one Don't for making a change that will be more successful.
Blog of the Week
Detroit Fast Food Workers' Strike Shuts Down Locations
Fast food workers at more than 60 restaurants in Detroit walked off the job Friday. This may be the largest fast food strike in American history, involving more than 400 workers from McDonald's, Long John Silver's, Burger King, Popeyes and KFC. Some locations were forced to shut down. At issue is workers' right to form a union and an increase in base pay to a minimum of $15 per hour.
Thought for the Week
"Unless you are prepared to give up something valuable you will never be able to truly change at all, because you'll be forever in the control of things you can't give up."
List of the Week
from More Than a Resume
Different Times: 95% of parents agree job hunting is different today
- 73%, say they do not have the right knowledge and contacts to help their child
- 68% percent don't know how help
- 58% say they do not have a trusted network for support and help in this process
Top Five News Headlines
- EEOC Issues Revised Publications on the Employment Rights of People with Specific Disabilities
- Constitution Check: Who has First Amendment rights in the workplace?
- NLRB functions face challenge at every stage
- Labor Department beats the misclassification drum
- How to Make the U.S. a Better Place for Caregivers