Restaurants and the Law
Kitchin Legal has represented restaurant workers in numerous wage and hour lawsuits. We understand the many ways that servers, bussers, and back-of-the-house employees are hurt by employment polices and practices that are not in compliance with California law.
We have prosecuted many lawsuits concerning a wide range of allegations of violations, including:
- The employee was denied meal and rest breaks;
- The employee was required to work some amount of time off-the-clock;
- The employee was denied minimum wages or overtime;
- The employer failed to maintain mandatory records for each employee; and
- The employer failed to pay the employee all wages that were due when they left.
Employee wage and hour claims can be worth tens of thousands of dollars. In addition, in many cases attorneys’ fees are available to the employee if he or she proves the labor law violations occurred. Consequently, defending a single wage and hour case can cost a company in excess of $200,000 in attorneys’ fees and costs alone. A $20,000 wage claim can place a restaurant at risk of being ordered to pay ten times as much in lawyer fees. Learn more »
Call us for a free initial consultation. 415-677-9058