Topic of the Week
The Right Stuff: Being More Courageous at Work
For the employed, the lingering fear of potential job loss can stop you from speaking your mind in the workplace. This week: do's and don'ts for being more courageous at work.
Blog of the Week
Books That Shaped Work in America
To commemorate its 100th anniversary, the U.S. Department of Labor has launched "Books that Shaped Work in America (www.dol.gov/books), an online project which explores work, workers and workplaces through literature, and aims to educates the public about the history, mission and resources of their Labor Department.
Thought for the Week
"The worse the news, the more effort should go into communicating it."
List of the Week
More Money, More Problems: Women and Money
- 57% have more earning power than ever before
- 42% believe financially independent women are intimidating to men and often end up alone
- 31% say these women are hard to relate to and don't have many friends
Top Five News Headlines
- US Unemployment Aid Applications Surge To 368,000
- Five Things The Budget Deal Doesn't Do
- Study: Labor violations don't stop gov't contracts
- Labor group sees progress at major Apple supplier
- Thinking For the Future