Labor and Employment Law
California and federal labor laws impose a wide range of obligations on employers and employees. At Kitchin Legal, we understand the law and the workplace. We help employees pursue their legal rights when they have been injured as a result of wrongful conduct in the workplace. We also help employers minimize the risk of employment-related litigation through the implementation of policies and best practices that meet all applicable requirements of law.
Primary areas of Practice
- Employment litigation
- Misclassification of employment status
- Wage and hour litigation (wages, breaks, record-keeping, commissions, etc.)
- Wage and hour collective actions
- Employment class actions
- Private Attorneys General Act claims
- Fair employment practices/ employment discrimination
- Preventive practices and litigation avoidance
- Family Medical Leave Act rights
- California Family Rights Act rights
- Whistle blower and retaliation laws
- Harassment and discrimination claims
- Contract rights and claims
- Severance agreements
- Confidentiality agreements
- Non-compete agreements
Knowledge. Experience. Commitment.
As a client, I know Mr. Kitchin’s work to be of the highest quality. He took on a case that other lawyers were unable or unwilling to handle, and he resolved the dispute to my satisfaction. I recommend him without reservation.
Having dealt with many attorneys in my life, I want to emphasize that his level of professionalism and personal dedication is unsurpassed. There are certainly larger law firms with more resources; however, I know of none that can provide better legal representation than Mr. Kitchin.